A friend and I invented this perfect-anytime drink. It’s similar to a caipirinha, Brazil’s national cocktail, but is vodka-based. Of course, there are endless flavor possibilities for this drink! —Christine Hair, Odessa, Florida
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 4 orange wedges or slices, divided
- 1 tablespoon superfine sugar
- Ice cubes
- 4 tablespoons orange-flavored vodka
- Place three orange wedges or slices in a rocks or old-fashioned glass. Add sugar; mash with a muddler or wooden spoon. Fill glass with ice; add vodka.
- Place a cocktail shaker securely over glass and shake well. Pour contents of shaker into glass. Serve with remaining orange wedge or slice.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 209 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Calandria in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.