Cake with Peaches Recipe
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced peaches, undrained
- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) peach yogurt
- 1. Drain peaches, reserving juice. Add enough water to juice to measure 1-1/4 cups. Cut peaches into 1-in. pieces; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, peach juice mixture, oil and eggs on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 350° for 28-33 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. In a bowl, combine the whipped topping and yogurt; fold in reserved peaches. Spread topping between layers and over top of cake. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Cake with Peaches
"I used fresh peaches, so I didn't have juice from the canned to add to the cake batter. Instead I used apricot nectar- no water added. I used peach Greek yogurt in the filling. It turned out great! Not overly sweet following a meal. The family all gave compliments. I will make this again."
"I discovered this recipe more than 13 years ago on the back of the yellow cake mix I bought. I made it several times until I moved out of state and lost the recipe. I searched and searched and was very happy to have found it again. Every time I make this, it's a big hit. I make a little extra whipped topping for those who want to add a little more to their personal slice of cake. Make this easy recipe and people will think you're a culinary genius."
"Great and moist my kids love it"
"This is a magical cake..."
"It was okay"
"Awesome Recipe!! Loved it.."
"The cake was moist and delicious. I added extra peaches to the batter. My whole family loved the light taste of the peaches. the whip cream with yogurt was a wonderful touch. We will definitely make this again."
"Lovely cake, will definitely make again. Next time I won't use so much peach yogurt (the topping wasn't firm enough) and/or I'll use a 9x13 pan and frost it in the pan."