Cake with Lemon Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1-3/4 cups cold whole milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant lemon pudding mix
- 4 slices pound cake or angel food cake
- Fresh raspberries, optional
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add milk and pudding mix; beat for 2 minutes or until smooth and thickened. Serve with cake. Garnish with raspberries if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 serving (calculated without raspberries): 502 calories, 24g fat (10g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 688mg sodium, 66g carbohydrate (45g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
May 30, 2012
Didn't like it. Not near enough lemon flavor.
Apr 10, 2012
This was very tasty but it does need to be thinned out a little with some more milk so that it can be drizzled over the cake...
Mar 18, 2012
This has a very light feeling to it. Perfect summer dessert. Slight lemon flavor. I personally would like slightly more lemon flavor. I am going to add more milk next time I make it as the sauce is a little thicker than I would prefer. Overall, though, it is very delicious and am making it again today.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.