Cake Mix Peanut Butter Brownies
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a bowl, combine the cake mix, oil and egg until crumbly. Set aside 1 cup for topping. Firmly press remaining mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the milk, chocolate, peanut butter and vanilla until smooth. Spread over crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until brownies pull away from the pan. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 121 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 82mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Apr 13, 2013
Very easy to put together but I must admit I was skeptical bythe way to look when I put it in the oven. However, they turned out very tasty! If you like peanut butter with your brownies, you'll like this one.
Dec 12, 2012
This went together quickly with delicious results.
Jan 28, 2012
These are good brownies and the centers are nice and chewy. I think it would have been helpful to add information on melting the chocolate bits to the recipe.