"I've served these fun kabobs at many parties," says Robin Spires of Tampa, Florida. "You can use any combination of fruits you like, depending on what's in season. The thick chocolate sauce has just the right hint of orange."
Recommended: 50+ Brilliant Recipes for Food on a Stick
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 large red apple, cut into 16 chunks
- 1 large green apple, cut into 16 chunks
- 1 large firm banana, cut into eight chunks
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 16 fresh strawberries
- 8 seedless red grapes
- 8 seedless green grapes
- 3 slices pound cake, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- In a small bowl, combine apples and banana; add lemon juice and toss gently. Thread fruit and cake alternately onto eight wooden skewers.
- For sauce, in a microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate chips and milk. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1 minute; stir. Microwave 15-45 seconds longer or until chips are melted and mixture is smooth, stirring every 15 seconds. Stir in orange juice. Serve with kabobs. Yield: 8 servings (1 cup sauce).
Originally published as Cake and Fruit Kabobs in Taste of Home December/January 2008, p53
Reviews forCake and Fruit Kabobs
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 7, 2010