These nicely spiced fillets are sure to win you a boatload of compliments! "I got the original recipe from a chef in the culinary arts department of a college where I used to work," recalls reader Dolores Barnas from Basdell, New York.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 10 min.
- 4-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 catfish fillets (6 ounces each)
- Refrigerated butter-flavored spray
- In a shallow bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Spritz both sides of fish with butter-flavored spray. Dip one side of each fillet in spice mixture.
- Place spice side down in a large skillet coated with butter-flavored spray. Cook over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray.
Nutrition Facts1 cups: 236 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 91mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Cajun-Style Catfish in Light & Tasty June/July 2004