Cajun Snack Mix
Pep up any party with this crunchy, well-seasoned blend of cereal, cheese crackers, pretzels and peanuts. My husband likes his food with a touch of Louisiana spice, so I add Cajun seasoning to give it that extra kick. —Jamie Champagne, Southside, Alabama
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups Rice Chex
- 2 cups Corn Chex
- 1 cup Wheat Chex
- 1 cup Cheerios
- 2 cups cheddar-flavored snack crackers
- 1 cup miniature cheddar cheese fish-shaped crackers
- 1 cup oyster crackers
- 1 cup corn chips
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic pepper blend
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine cereals, crackers, corn chips and peanuts. In a microwave, melt butter; stir until smooth. Whisk in Worcestershire sauce, Cajun seasoning, onion powder and garlic pepper blend. Pour over cereal mixture; toss to coat.
- Microwave on high 6 minutes, stirring twice. Spread onto baking sheets to cool. Store in an airtight container.
Originally published as Cajun Snack Mix in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.