Cajun Shrimp with Potatoes
"This is a quick-and-easy version of a seafood-stuffed baked potato," explains Angelique Schultz from her home in Denham Springs, Louisiana. "Not only does this recipe reduce prep time, it cuts down on cleanup, too. I buy cooked crumbled bacon to speed it along even more."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- In a 2-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine onion and oil. Cover and microwave on high for 1-3 minutes. Stir in green onions and celery; cover and cook 1-2 minutes longer. Add the potatoes, salt, Cajun seasoning and pepper.
- Cover and cook for 7-9 minutes or until potatoes are nearly tender. Stir in shrimp and bacon. Cover and cook on high for 3-1/2 minutes or until shrimp is pink and potatoes are tender.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with an 850-watt microwave.
This recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 367 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 173mg cholesterol, 1353mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 25g protein.
Originally published as Cajun Shrimp with Potatoes in Quick Cooking July/August 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.