"This is a quick-and-easy version of a seafood-stuffed baked potato," explains Angelique Schultz from her home in Denham Springs, Louisiana. "Not only does this recipe reduce prep time, it cuts down on cleanup, too. I buy cooked crumbled bacon to speed it along even more."
Recommended: Healthy Mardi Gras Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- In a 2-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine the onion and oil. Cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes. Stir in green onions and celery; cover and cook 3 minutes longer. Add potatoes, salt, Cajun seasoning and pepper. Cover and cook for 12 minutes or until potatoes are nearly tender.
- Stir in the shrimp and bacon. Cover and cook on high for 5 minutes or until shrimp is pink and potatoes are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cajun Shrimp with Potatoes in Quick Cooking July/August 2002, p47