Cajun Shrimp Spread
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 2 cups chopped cooked peeled shrimp
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- Assorted crackers
- In a large bowl, whisk the first six ingredients until blended. Stir in the shrimp, spinach and red pepper. Chill until serving. Sprinkle with green onion. Serve with crackers.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 76 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 89mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Nov 11, 2015
This was pretty good. Next time I will put in half the amount of spinach. I felt it tasted too much like a spinach dip and drowned out the shrimp flavor.
Feb 11, 2014
I made this dish for a baby shower and everyone in attendance enjoyed it. In addition to sprinkling the chopped green onions on top of the spread, I also added some to the spread itself. By keeping frozen cocktail shrimp and chopped spinach on hand in the freezer, you can easily whip this spread up in a jiffy.
Jan 13, 2012
This is a GREAT spread recipe that's very tasty! I made it for our Family 4th of July Celebration and got great raves as I do everywhere I take it now!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.