- 5 medium red potatoes
- 6 cups water
- 3 tablespoons seafood seasoning
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 pound medium uncooked shrimp
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Additional salt to taste
- Place the potatoes in a large saucepan or Dutch oven; add the water, seafood seasoning and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Add the shrimp; cover and cook for 5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and potatoes are tender. Drain. Peel and dice the potatoes. Peel and devein the shrimp; cut into pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, shrimp, onions and pimientos. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, vinegar and sugar. Add to the potato mixture and gently toss to coat. Season with additional salt. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews forCajun Shrimp Potato Salad
"Succulent shrimp, savory spuds, spicy (homemade) seafood seasoning...what's not to like?Straightforward recipe, easy prep, great outcome.I arranged an extra pound of shrimp decoratively over the top - very nice."