A sprinkling of this savory seasoning is sure to lend a Louisiana accent to everything from pasta to meat. Della Stamp of Long Beach, California shared the recipe.
Recommended: 34 Best Mardi Gras Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1-1/2 teaspoons celery seed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for 4 to 6 months. Yield: 1/3 cup.
Originally published as Cajun Seasoning in Light & Tasty February/March 2005, p45