"My husband likes his food spicy, so this pork roast is a favorite," says Christine Wall of Bartlett, Illinois. "It can be baked in the oven or on the grill. I like to serve it with roasted new potatoes seasoned with garlic and rosemary."
Recommended: 60 Favorite Slow Cooker Pork Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 pounds boneless pork loin roast
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 teaspoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt, crushed red pepper flakes, ground cumin and white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Rub pork roast with oil. Combine remaining ingredients and rub over roast. Cover and refrigerate for 1-3 hours.
- Bake, uncovered at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Transfer to a serving platter. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Cajun Pork Roast in Light & Tasty October/November 2004, p63
Reviews forCajun Roasted Pork
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 30, 2013
"This was a nice simple pork recipe. Nothing spectacular, but a nice change from the ordinary. Plus it's on the light side since all the flavors come from a spice rub."