I created this recipe upon returning home from traveling. With little food in the house, I used what was there. My husband loves this dish because it's tasty, and I love it because it's easy. —Allison Gapinski, Cary, North Carolina
Featured In: 46 Slow Cooker Recipes for Two
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless pork loin chops
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1 small carrot, julienned
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- Mix cumin and chili powder; sprinkle pork chops with 2 teaspoon spice mixture. Transfer to a 4-qt. slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, mix tomatoes, onion, celery, carrot, garlic, hot sauce, salt and remaining spice mixture; pour over chops. Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours or until meat is tender.
- Stir in rice and chicken broth, breaking up pork into pieces. Cook, covered, on low 10-15 minutes longer or until rice is tender. In a small skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add green pepper; cook and stir 5-7 minutes or until crisp-tender. Serve with pork mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cajun Pork and Rice in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2014, p48
Reviews forCajun Pork and Rice
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 31, 2018
"What are the nutrional facts?"