- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 quarts popped popcorn
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; set aside. In a small saucepan, heat oil over medium for 1 minutes; add seasonings. Cook and stir over low heat for 1 minute. Place the popcorn in a large bowl; add seasoning mixture and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 3 quarts.
Reviews forCajun Popcorn
"I do not have an air popper but do have a stove top whirley pop pot so I just added the seasonings to the popping oil and this is now one of my favorite popcorn flavors!!!"
"Very good. Spicy. Nice change-up from traditional. I like how it uses canola oil instead of butter."
"Tasty!!! I mixed the ingredients and tossed the popcorn with it. I didn't cook the spices and it tasted great!"
"LOVE IT! I use olive oil and it turns out great."
"I made this for the first time for company. There wasn't anything left of it and they wanted the recipe. Very quick and tasted wonderful."