Cajun Party Mix
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
Makesabout 5 quarts
- 6 cups miniature fish-shaped crackers
- 6 cups pretzel sticks
- 3 cups Rice Chex
- 3 cups Corn Chex
- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) mixed nuts
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Preheat oven to 250°. In a large roasting pan, combine first five ingredients. Combine butter, garlic powder, celery salt, cayenne and pepper sauce; pour over cereal mixture and stir to coat.
- Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool completely. Store in airtight containers.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 228 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 369mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Apr 24, 2013
**my wife** Trying to rate this with a toddler on my lap!
Apr 24, 2013
This mix was simple to make and had a good flavor, but not nearly a strong enoungh flavor for my liking. I do like bold flavors though, so to some, including my wive, who doesn't like spicy things at all, it was just right.
Oct 28, 2010
Really good! I did use roasted peanuts for the mixed nuts to keep the cost down. I did not have celery salt, so I used season salt. Thanks for the recipe.
Jan 27, 2010
This recipe is one my family absolutely loves. The only thing we don't use is the cajun spice, as some of us have tender stomachs. It's delicious though, and definitely a keeper.
Oct 19, 2009
Going to give this as Christmas gifts.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.