Cajun Party Mix Snack Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups Corn Chex
- 2 cups Rice Chex
- 2 cups Crispix
- 1 cup miniature pretzels
- 1 cup mixed nuts
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1. Preheat oven to 250°. Place first five ingredients in a large bowl. Mix remaining ingredients; toss with cereal mixture. Spread into an ungreased 15x10x1-in. pan.
- 2. Bake 40-60 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Store in airtight containers. Yield: about 2 quarts
3/4 cup: 247 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 557mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Cajun Party Mix Snack
"I made this for my husband, who is a Chex and cracker lover. I added less Chex and put a cup of cheez it's in it. I also didn't have celery salt so I added celery seed and some seasoned salt. My husband said it was good but was lacking flavor. If I made it again I'd add more hot sauce."
"This was a delightful snack mix. I multiplied the recipe and stored it in large ziploc bags. Whenever family visited some of the bags would mysteriously disappear. The only thing I would change would be to omit the nuts, which my husband kept picking out anyway."
"Such a welcome change-we enjoy these snacks year round-especially camping"
"It was a welcome difference from what is commonly made. Could be a bit spicy for some but we truly liked it."