Cajun Meat Loaf
Total TimePrep: 1-3/4 hours Bake: 70 min.
- 40 bay leaves
- 1/2 cup salt
- 1/4 cup each pepper, white pepper, cayenne pepper, ground cumin and nutmeg
- 40 green onions, thinly sliced
- 15 medium onions, chopped
- 10 medium green peppers, chopped
- 40 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups butter
- 1 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2/3 cup hot pepper sauce
- 6 cans (12 ounces each) evaporated milk
- 1 bottle (64 ounces) ketchup
- 8 packages (8 ounces each) dry bread crumbs (20 cups)
- 36 eggs, beaten
- 30 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 10 pounds ground pork
- Combine the seasonings; set aside. In Dutch ovens, saute onions, green peppers and garlic in butter until tender. Add Worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce and reserved seasonings. Cook and stir for 8-10 minutes. Discard bay leaves. Remove from the heat; stir in milk and ketchup. Cool.
- Add bread crumbs and eggs; mix well. In several large bowls, combine beef, pork and vegetable mixture; mix well. Pat into 11 greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans.
- Bake at 350° for 65-75 minutes or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°; drain.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 222 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 97mg cholesterol, 526mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein.
Oct 19, 2017
I first came across this recipe on another site where it is scaled down to 8 servings. I use this almost exclusively to make the most amazing burgers in existence! The only changes I make are to use all ground beef, and whole milk instead of evaporated.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.