Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min,
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 package (7-1/4 ounces) macaroni and cheese dinner mix
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a large saucepan, cook the beef, onion, green pepper and celery over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add tomatoes and Cajun seasoning. Cook, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, prepare macaroni and cheese according to package directions, using 2 tablespoons milk and 1 tablespoon butter. Stir in beef mixture; cook for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 337 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 894mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 3g fiber), 20g protein.
Feb 27, 2015
I really like this, the only change I made is, I made it with hot Italian sausage. It's great
Aug 8, 2014
Easy and has a good flavor to it.
May 29, 2013
I can't wait to try this one. It sounds so easy. Has anyone tried making it with Italian Sausage?
Jan 26, 2012
Have made this quite a few times. Everyone eats plenty (I double the recipe). This time I forgot to check my cajun seasoning and I didn't have any. I substituted Jamaican jerk seasoning and it was just as good.
Jan 15, 2011
This was delish and easy to make! Definitely would make this again. I used a mac and cheese that had a cheese sauce rather than the cheese powder. And next time I think I'll add more cajun. I also added black beans. Great comfort food dish!
Jan 8, 2011
Wasn't awful, just not that good.
Oct 25, 2010
I just dont know about this one.
Oct 4, 2010
Wonderful recipe for a beginning cook. LOL!
Sep 13, 2010
I am so glad you featured this recipe. We tried it and it is excellent!!! Delighted to add it as a regular in our meal planning!!!
Sep 7, 2010
I used a full lb. of hamburger and no milk. Turned out geat. My 4 year old proclaimed it to be: beyond tasty