Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min,
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 package (7-1/4 ounces) macaroni and cheese dinner mix
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a large saucepan, cook the beef, onion, green pepper and celery over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add tomatoes and Cajun seasoning. Cook, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, prepare macaroni and cheese according to package directions, using 2 tablespoons milk and 1 tablespoon butter. Stir in beef mixture; cook for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 337 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 894mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 3g fiber), 20g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 27, 2015
I really like this, the only change I made is, I made it with hot Italian sausage. It's great
Aug 8, 2014
Easy and has a good flavor to it.
May 29, 2013
I can't wait to try this one. It sounds so easy. Has anyone tried making it with Italian Sausage?
Jan 26, 2012
Have made this quite a few times. Everyone eats plenty (I double the recipe). This time I forgot to check my cajun seasoning and I didn't have any. I substituted Jamaican jerk seasoning and it was just as good.
Jan 15, 2011
This was delish and easy to make! Definitely would make this again. I used a mac and cheese that had a cheese sauce rather than the cheese powder. And next time I think I'll add more cajun. I also added black beans. Great comfort food dish!
Jan 8, 2011
Wasn't awful, just not that good.
Oct 25, 2010
I just dont know about this one.
Oct 4, 2010
Wonderful recipe for a beginning cook. LOL!
Sep 13, 2010
I am so glad you featured this recipe. We tried it and it is excellent!!! Delighted to add it as a regular in our meal planning!!!
Sep 7, 2010
I used a full lb. of hamburger and no milk. Turned out geat. My 4 year old proclaimed it to be: beyond tasty