Classic fish tacos often feature deep-fried fish, a corn tortilla, cabbage and a thin mayo-based sauce. But we found that fish + pita bread = total yumminess in this streamlined version using lemon-flavored fish with a Cajun twist. —Simple & Delicious Test Kitchen
Recommended: 28 Red Lobster Copycat Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 packages (7.6 ounces each) frozen lemon butter grilled fish fillets
- 3 cups broccoli coleslaw mix
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced sweet orange pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1-3/4 teaspoons Cajun seasoning, divided
- 4 whole pita breads, warmed
- Lemon wedges, optional
- Cook fish according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the coleslaw mix, pepper, mayonnaise, lemon juice, sugar and 1-1/2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning.
- Slice fillets. Spoon coleslaw mixture onto pita breads, top with fish. Sprinkle with remaining Cajun seasoning. Serve with lemon wedges if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cajun Fish Tacos in Simple & Delicious June/July 2012, p13
Reviews forCajun Fish Tacos
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 6, 2013
"Very good. I have made it twice. I love the cole slaw mix."