Cajun Crawfish Sliders
Add a touch of southern hospitality to your festivities with our upscale version of a slider. The crawfish gets a touch of spicy goodness from the chipotle mayo and jalapeno. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min. + cooling
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) cornbread/muffin mix
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach, thinly sliced
- 12 ounces frozen cooked crawfish tail meat, thawed and shredded
- 1 cup reduced-fat chipotle mayonnaise
- 48 pickled jalapeno slices
- In a large bowl, combine the cornbread mix, egg and milk. Spread into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 400° for 9-11 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- Cut cornbread into 1-1/2-in. squares. Top each with spinach, crawfish, mayonnaise and a jalapeno slice.
Editor’s Note: 1 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise and 1 tablespoon minced chipotle pepper in adobo sauce may be substituted for 1 cup reduced-fat chipotle mayonnaise.
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer: 43 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 92mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Cajun Mini Sliders in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2012