Cajun Country Fried Chicken Recipe
I've perfected my own Cajun seasoning made from 11 herbs and spices. But in this recipe, a store-bought variety works just as well.—Dave Fisher, Ten Mile, Tennessee
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning, divided
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs, halved
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- Cooking oil
- 1. In a large bowl, combine milk and 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning; add chicken. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour, lemon pepper, garlic salt and remaining Cajun seasoning. Drain chicken and discard milk mixture. Place chicken in flour mixture and shake to coat. In a skillet, heat 1/4 in. of oil; fry chicken for 7-8 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Cajun Country Fried Chicken
Reviewed Jan. 6, 2015
"i make this with boneless skinless chicken thighs and it's incredible! A hint of spice without being overpowering, but super tasty."
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC