This is my favorite sandwich. The seasoning mixture is enough to give a mild flavor to several chicken breasts...or a spicy taste to just a few. -Amber Peterson of Oakes, North Dakota
Recommended: Grandma's Best Suppers
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 kaiser rolls, split and toasted
- 12 slices tomato
- 6 lettuce leaves
- Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. Brush both sides with oil. Combine the seasonings; rub over both sides of chicken. Arrange in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until chicken is no longer pink. Serve on rolls with tomato and lettuce. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Cajun Chicken Sandwiches in Light & Tasty June/July 2004, p31
Reviews forCajun Chicken Sandwiches
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 4, 2010
"This has become a family favorite. Both of my kids (5 & 2) gobble it up."