- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (6 ounces each), cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 slices green pepper
- 8 slices sweet red pepper
- 6 medium fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 to 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces linguine, cooked and drained
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large resealable plastic bag, toss Cajun seasoning and chicken to coat.
- In a large skillet, saute chicken in butter over medium heat until no longer pink, about 5-7 minutes. Add vegetables; cook and stir until tender, 2-3 minutes. Reduce heat. Stir in cream and seasonings. Add linguine and toss to coat; heat through. If desired, sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forCajun Chicken Linguine
"My favorite recipe to make!"
"We have started enjoying Cajun food, and this is great! It combines the flavors we like and the pasta is great for kids! I double the recipe to make enough for my family. Awesome!"
"We loved this dish. It has great flavor and is easy to make."
"Very delicious! I used half & half in place heavy cream and added a dab of cream cheese."
"This is one of our family favorites! Changes I made for us - omitted the peppers and added 1-2 Tablespoons of Crushed Red Pepper makes it a spicy creamy - and of course I make a much larger serving for leftovers!"
"I loved it...made a couple of changes..Stir fried chicken until done.....used freah chopped basil, 1 teaspoon lemon juice instead of lemon pepper(did not have any on hand), used garlic salt for the garlic powder and salt....I used Tony Chachere for the Cajun seasoning..will make again...delicious!"
"Tasted as close as I have come to my favorite "rasta pasta" from Buzzard Billies. I dream about this meal."
"Made for first time tonight. My food snob husband who used to live in New Orleans LOVED it. It's a definite keeper!! (I did sprinkle a little more Cajun seasoning on the pieces of chicken that didn't get covered by seasoning in the bag - will probably skip the bag next time & just sprinkle on the Cajun seasoning)"