Cajun Catfish Recipe
This dish features the green pepper, onion and celery combination common to Cajun dishes, but it’s not too spicy. It’s a colorful and flavorful way to serve our locally raised catfish.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 catfish fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the onion, celery and green pepper in oil until tender. Add the tomatoes, mushrooms, olives and garlic powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until heated through.
- 2. Place the catfish in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with vegetable mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 162 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 681mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 10g protein.
Reviews for Cajun Catfish
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC