Cajun Catfish Sandwiches
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3/4 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 4 catfish fillets (4 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 4 French or kaiser rolls, split and toasted
- 4 romaine leaves
- Combine the seasoned pepper, chili powder, cayenne and seasoned salt; sprinkle over fillets.
- In a large skillet, cook fillets in 1 teaspoon oil for 4-6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute onions in remaining oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat; stir in mayonnaise. Spread over roll bottoms; top each with a romaine leaf and fillet. Replace tops.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 373 calories, 14g fat (3g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 710mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 24g protein.
Mar 3, 2014
Aug 10, 2012
Since some people don't like catfish, I've made these with flounder and/or pollack.....and they taste just as good.
Feb 1, 2011
this was easy to make and very yumy
Oct 21, 2010
We are not huge fans of catfish but I decided to give this a try. It was pretty good. The spicy flavor masked the catfish flavor pretty well:)