Meet the Cook: My family likes its food spicy. I found the original recipe for these burgers in a cookbook, then added and subtracted ingredients until they suited our taste. Cajun Burgers are always on the menu whenever we have company over for a backyard cookout. Like my husband, I was raised in the country. We have four children (20, 16, 13 and 9) and now a grandson, too! -Julie Culbertson, Bansalem, Pennsylvania
Recommended: 34 Incredible Burgers to Grill This Summer
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- CAJUN SEASONING BLEND:
- 3 tablespoons ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Cajun Seasoning Blend (recipe above)
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 hamburger buns
- Sauteed onions, optional
- Combine all seasoning blend ingredients in a small bowl or resealable plastic bag; mix well.
- In a bowl, combine the first eight burger ingredients; shape into four patties. Cook in a skillet or grill over medium-hot heat for 4-5 minutes per side or until burgers reach desired doneness.
- Serve on buns; top with sauteed onions if desired. Store remaining seasoning blend in an airtight container. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cajun Burgers in Country Woman September/October 1995, p33
Reviews forCajun Burgers
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 17, 2010
"Tasty with a nice little kick, but without being "hot". Very good!"