Flavor abounds in these hefty Cajun Beef Burgers, spiked with bits of veggies and Cajun seasoning. A creamy mayonnaise and Creole mustard spread adds even more Louisana-style flair.—Rebecca Baird, Salt Lake City, Utah
Recommended: 34 Incredible Burgers to Grill This Summer
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Creole mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/2 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- Dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup each finely chopped onion, celery and carrot
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 4 onion rolls, split
- In a small bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients until blended; chill until serving.
- In a large skillet, saute the onion, celery, carrot and parsley in butter for 6-8 minutes or until tender; cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine the vegetable mixture, Cajun seasoning, salt and pepper sauce. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Grill rolls, cut side down, over medium heat for 30-60 seconds or until toasted. Serve burgers on rolls with sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cajun Beef Burgers in Taste of Home June/July 2011, p80
Reviews forCajun Beef Burgers
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 4, 2011
"Unfortunately did not try the mayo, but did the burgers. They were awesome, I did add extra vegetables, but everything else was the same. My husband see this was a keeper."