- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup instant brown rice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium beef bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large skillet, cook beef, celery, green and red peppers, and onion over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 12-15 minutes or until rice is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forCajun Beef & Rice
"Excellent recipe. I would make one change. Instead of cooking the peppers and celery with the ground beef I would brown the beef first then add the peppers and celery and just cook for a minute or two before adding the rest of the ingredients. The peppers and celery were mushy when cooked with the beef..The taste good, spicy but not too hot"
"Recipe a good one. But why don't you make these printable recipes more user friendly? Why have to go to 2 pages when you could so easily format it to fit one 1 simple page?"
"We make this often in our house!"
"I agree with Andrea--this was easy to make and very tasty. Had just the right hotness from the crushed red pepper. Served with fresh fruit and it was a big hit. Will make again."