- 2 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons Cajun or blackened seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2 catfish or tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a shallow bowl, mix the first six ingredients.
- Dip fillets in cornmeal mixture to coat both sides. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forCajun Baked Catfish
"Delicious! Used Louisiana cajun seasoning and it was perfect. Followed the recipe exactly and used tilapia. Next time I'll try it with catfish!"
"Unfortunately my husband and I didn't care for this recipe. I used tilapia which was an option. Since the fish wasn't dipped in an egg mixture or not sprayed with cooking spray, the breading didn't get crispy. I did spray the baking sheet."
"I was a charter subscriber of Cooking for Two -- how did I miss this recipe? I used Paul Prudhomme's Seafood Magic and substituted crushed rosemary for the thyme. We both loved it.Additional info: Last night I was preparing a second (quick bread) dish that specified a 425-degree oven, and I had two enormous catfish fillets of about 1/2 pound each. I crossed my fingers and baked everything at 425 for 15 minutes. Double success!"
"Although originally published several years ago, I saw it for the first time in the April May 2016 issue of Simple & Delicious. This recipe fits both categories, simple and delicious. I used tilapia, and cut the recipe down from 2 to just one serving. Excellent."
"Excellent piece of fish, and you didn't have to fry it"
"This was an easy to prepare dish and the results were delicious!"
"This recipe was wonderful! I used some Chef Paul Prudhomme blackened redfish magic seasoning and the catfish turned out delicious! Will definitely be my go- to catfish recipe!"
"I live in an apartment, so frying in a cast-iron skillet is not really an option. This was great!"
"Out of this world taste!"
"the spice i used made this very spicy and wow was it good! I used atlantic cod for my fish"