Cafe's Pecan Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- 1 can (30 ounces) pumpkin pie mix
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 1 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- CARAMEL SAUCE:
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1. Line two 9-in. pie plates with waxed paper or parchment paper; coat the paper with cooking spray. Set aside.
- 2. In a mixing bowl, combine pumpkin, sugar and milk. Beat in eggs, cinnamon and salt. Pour into prepared pans. Sprinkle with dry cake mix. Drizzle with butter. Sprinkle with pecans; press down lightly. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 2 hours on wire racks. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Invert pies onto serving plates; remove waxed paper. Chill.
- 3. In a heavy saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Add brown sugar and cream; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. For topping, in a mixing bowl, beat cream until foamy. Beat in confectioners' sugar and vanilla until soft peaks form.
- 4. Cut the pie into slices; drizzle with caramel sauce and dollop with topping. Yield: 2 pies (10 servings each).
1 slice: 646 calories, 42g fat (22g saturated fat), 132mg cholesterol, 502mg sodium, 66g carbohydrate (54g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Cafe's Pecan Pumpkin Pie
"Tried this 6 years ago and everybody loved it. A family tradition now!"
"This is one of the best pumpkin pies I have ever had! I get rave reviews from all my friends and family and my co-workers ask me to prepare it every year. If you want to try something that is not the typical pumpkin pie, this is the one!"