Cafe’s Pecan Pumpkin Pie
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
Makes2 pies (10 servings each)
- 1 can (30 ounces) pumpkin pie filling
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- CARAMEL SAUCE:
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Line two 9-in. pie plates with parchment; coat the paper with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine pumpkin, sugar and milk. Beat in eggs, cinnamon and salt. Pour into prepared pans. Sprinkle with dry cake mix. Drizzle with butter. Sprinkle with pecans; press down lightly. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 2 hours on wire racks. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Invert pies onto serving plates; remove paper. Chill.
- In a heavy saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Add brown sugar and cream; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. For topping, in a bowl, beat cream until foamy. Beat in confectioners' sugar and vanilla until soft peaks form.
- Cut the pie into slices; drizzle with caramel sauce and dollop with topping.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 646 calories, 42g fat (22g saturated fat), 132mg cholesterol, 502mg sodium, 66g carbohydrate (54g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Nov 21, 2017
Tried this 6 years ago and everybody loved it. A family tradition now!
Nov 20, 2014
This is one of the best pumpkin pies I have ever had! I get rave reviews from all my friends and family and my co-workers ask me to prepare it every year. If you want to try something that is not the typical pumpkin pie, this is the one!
Jun 3, 2012
Nov 19, 2009
Very yummy! This recipe can also be made in a 13 X 9 cake pan. Spraying bottom with cooking/baking spray.