- 1/2 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1/2 medium green pepper, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 3/4 cup canned stewed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, saute onion and green pepper in oil until crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm. Cook chicken over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- Add the tomatoes, wine or broth, garlic salt, rosemary and pepper to the skillet; cook and stir until heated through. Add onion mixture. Serve over chicken. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forCacciatore Chicken Breasts
"My husband really liked this, I added some swiss cheese to it as well."
"I thought the recipe looked a little plain but it was delicious!I doubled the veggies and sauce ingredients; and also salt & peppered the chicken before cooking it."