- 12 medium potatoes (about 4 pounds), peeled, cooked and cubed
- 3 cups cubed fully cooked ham (about 1 pound)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sour cream, optional
- In a large skillet, cook potatoes, ham and onion in butter, stirring frequently, until potatoes are lightly browned. Add broccoli; heat through. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with sour cream if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews forCabin Hash
"This was good. The thawed broccoli made it a bit soggy, so I might choose fresh broccoli in the future."
"We made this on our grill in a large cast iron skillet because it was too hot in the house to cook. Very good. Everyone really enjoyed it. I did add a part of a jar of drained diced pimentos that I needed to get used up and also threw in a pinch of red pepper flakes because we like a bit of spice. Thanks for sharing!"