Cabbage Wedges with Beef
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup each chopped onion, celery and green pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium head cabbage
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion, celery and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. In a small bowl, combine tomato sauce, vinegar, brown sugar and salt; add to skillet. Stir in the oats, parsley, garlic powder and pepper.
- Core the cabbage and cut into six wedges; arrange over meat mixture. Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until cabbage is tender.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 280 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 932mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 5g fiber), 24g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 23, 2019
This was excellent. To save calories and sodium, I did use less ground beef (1 lb.) and less brown sugar (2 T.) and less salt (1/2 tsp.). The cabbage took about 30 minutes to cook. Served over rice.