VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons cider or red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 8 ounces uncooked bow tie pasta
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup olive or vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- In a bowl, combine the tomatoes, vinegar, basil and parsley; set aside. Cook pasta according to package directions, adding the cabbage during the last 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute bread crumbs, almonds and garlic in oil and butter for 6 minutes or until golden brown. Drain pasta and cabbage; place in a large bowl. Add tomato and crumb mixtures; toss and serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Cabbage-Tomato Pasta Toss in Country August/September 2000, p51
Reviews forCabbage-Tomato Pasta Toss
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 29, 2010
"We love this cabbage dish. I saute the cabbage instead of cooking it."