Cabbage Parsley Slaw
This recipe was given to me 40 years ago by my Aunt Claire. She was a fantastic cook. I still have many of here handwritten recipes and use them often.—Lucille Taylor, Luverne, Minnesota
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 medium head cabbage, shredded (about 6 cups)
- 2 cups minced fresh parsley
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1-1/2 cups Miracle Whip
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- In a large bowl, toss the cabbage, parsley, celery and bacon. In a small bowl, combine Miracle Whip, Worcestershire sauce and onion powder. Pour over cabbage mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 75 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 428mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Cabbage Parsley Slaw in Taste of Home October/November 2000