- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 oranges, peeled and cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 red apples, chopped
- 1 cup seedless red grape halves
- 1/4 cup currants or raisins
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- In a large bowl, toss cabbage, oranges, apples, grapes and currants; cover and refrigerate in a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, milk, lemon juice, sugar and salt; cover and refrigerate. Just before serving, stir dressing and pecans into salad. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forCabbage Fruit Salad
"This fresh salad taste and looks great!!"
"Wow! What a great salad! I did use mandarin oranges instead of fresh, but it was still great! Everyone kept asking for the recipe."
"OOO, This was horrible. I followed the exact recipe. It was horrible, nobody wanted any. However, the recipe titled, 'Compnay Vegetables casserole' went very fast, everyone loved it!"
"This was AWESOME my husband loved it too YUMMMO"
"This salad was delicious. I substituted fresh blueberries for the currents and added 1 tsp. poppy seeds to the dressing. Yummy!"