Cabbage Chowder Recipe
- 2 cups diagonally sliced carrots
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1-1/3 cups milk
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 pound smoked sausage, cut into 1/2-inch diagonal slices
- 1. In a large kettle, combine the carrots, butter and caraway seeds; cook over low heat until the carrots are just crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- 2. Add soup, water, milk, cabbage and sausage. Bring to boil; reduce heat and cook until cabbage is tender, about 15 minutes. Yield: 6-8 servings (2 quarts).
1 cup: 282 calories, 22g fat (10g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 988mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein.
Reviews for Cabbage Chowder
"I added chicken bouillon, garlic, onion, and pepper. My husband loved it except for the caraway (he's not a fan in general)."