- 2 cups diagonally sliced carrots
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1-1/3 cups milk
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 pound smoked sausage, cut into 1/2-inch diagonal slices
- In a large kettle, combine the carrots, butter and caraway seeds; cook over low heat until the carrots are just crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add soup, water, milk, cabbage and sausage. Bring to boil; reduce heat and cook until cabbage is tender, about 15 minutes. Yield: 6-8 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews forCabbage Chowder
"I added chicken bouillon, garlic, onion, and pepper. My husband loved it except for the caraway (he's not a fan in general)."