Cabbage-Bowl Nibbler Dip
The kids will have fun helping you create this eye-catching appetizer. Fill the hallowed-out cabbage head with your favorite savory dip.
Total TimePrep: 50 min.
- 1 small head cabbage
- 2 cups cubed cheddar cheese
- 3 small cucumbers, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 pound thickly sliced deli turkey, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- Frilled toothpicks
- 1 carton (8 ounces) sour cream ranch dip
- To prepare serving bowl, gently peel back outer leaves of cabbage. Cut 1/2 in. from bottom of cabbage so it will sit flat. Cut a 3-in. circle in the top of the cabbage; hollow out a third of the cabbage to form a bowl; set aside.
- Thread the cheese, cucumbers, turkey and tomatoes onto toothpicks. Insert into cabbage, starting at the bottom. Refrigerate until serving. Just before serving, fill cabbage bowl with dip.
Originally published as Cabbage Bowl Nibbler Dip in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.