I think this recipe is the perfect example of "Mom's Sunday Best". It was a favorite with me and my 10 brothers and sisters. We thought Mom was the world's best cook and she always outdid herself on Sundays!— Linda Funderburke, Brockport, New York
Recommended: 54 Amazing Ways to Love Winter Veggies
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 medium head cabbage, shredded (about 8 cups)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup shredded process American cheese (Velveeta)
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a large covered saucepan, cook cabbage in boiling salted water for 5 minutes; drain. Place in a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- In a small saucepan, blend soup and milk; heat well. Add cheese and stir until melted. Pour over cabbage. Saute bread crumbs in butter until golden; sprinkle over cabbage. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until hot. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Cabbage Au Gratin in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook 1994, p58
Reviews forCabbage Au Gratin
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 22, 2012
"This is a great recipe and very easy to make. You do not need to be a cabbage lover for this cabbage dish."