Cabbage and Potato Side Dish
This is an excellent side dish to serve with pork chops and beans. It has a wonderful old-fashioned flavor and is a refreshing change from plain potatoes and other vegetables.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/4 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5 to 6 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1/2 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1/2 medium head cabbage, shredded (about 4 cups)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute onion, red and green pepper and garlic in butter until tender. Add hash browns; cook over high heat for 2-3 minutes. Stir in ham, cabbage, salt and pepper. Simmer for 8-10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 196 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 316mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 5g fiber), 8g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Cabbage and Potato Side Dish in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook