Buttery Yeast Spritz
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large egg yolks, room temperature
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in water; set aside. In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolks and yeast mixture. Gradually add flour and mix well.
- Using a cookie press fitted with disk of your choice, press dough into desired shapes 1 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 7-9 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 76 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 48mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 11, 2010
I was excited to make these as I am a butter cookie and spritz fan. They held their shape well and stuck to the pan well while spritzing. But they seem greasier to me than some other recipes. Not quite my ideal. Sorry!