- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 cups butter (no substitutes), softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- In a bowl, dissolve yeast in water; set aside. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg yolks and yeast mixture. Gradually add flour.
- Using a cookie press fitted with disk of your choice, press dough into desired shapes 1 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 7-9 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 13 dozen.
Reviews forButtery Yeast Spritz
"I was excited to make these as I am a butter cookie and spritz fan. They held their shape well and stuck to the pan well while spritzing. But they seem greasier to me than some other recipes. Not quite my ideal. Sorry!"