- 1 cup butter (no substitutes), softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in walnuts. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- On a floured surface, roll out to 1/8-in. thickness.Cut with 2-in. cookie cutters dipped in flour. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 6-8 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews forButtery Walnut Cutouts
"These reamazimg........delicate flavor and the walnuts did an interesting texture. Will definitely be a favorite!"
"this is the third time making these cookies,i can never make enough to give out for gifts, my daughter and friends plus i love them"