- 1 cup warm milk (70° to 80°)
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 4 cups bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Divide into 24 portions; shape into balls. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 15 minutes. Bake at 375° for 13-16 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews forButtery Rolls
"easy and delicious. Everyone loves these! I'm always asked to make these for all family holidays, sometimes as much as 4 batches as they go so fast. Rarely have any leftover to take home!"
"I can't say enough wonderful things about these rolls. They are simply amazing! You cannot go wrong with this recipe. I get rave reviews every time I make these. The recipe makes a lot, so I like to share with neighbors and friends."
"These rolls are incredible - so light and tender but with a nice rich flavour..... MMM! Just going to make them again."
"Made the rolls twice in three days. Awesome! Great flavor, soft, simply delicious!"
"Forgot to give this one a 5 star rating! Always good!"
"Very good and great that the dough can be made in the bread machine."
"These rolls are amazing.I come back to them time and time again. My 5 children love them and they're easy to make"