This cake-like bread from Carol Bradley of Sun City West, Arizona is quick, easy and very moist. "If you can find butter brickle or butter pecan cake mix, use it in place of the regular cake mix and eliminate the nuts," she suggests.
Recommended: 20 Old-World Polish Recipes Worth Trying Today
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) butter cake mix
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant coconut cream pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Stir in pecans. Pour into two greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 2 loaves.
Originally published as Buttery Poppy-Seed Bread in Quick Cooking March/April 2004, p44