Buttery Peas and Zucchini
Cooking is my second love—my husband is my first. This tasty side dish doesn't leave us with leftovers. We both enjoy it.—Dorothy Pritchett, Wills Point, Texas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas in butter sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon diced pimientos
- Cook peas according to package directions. Pour into a serving bowl; cover with plastic wrap and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, simmer water and zucchini over medium heat until water is evaporated and zucchini is tender. Stir in peas and pimientos.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 124 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 163mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 8g fiber), 9g protein.
Originally published as Buttery Peas and Zucchini in Taste of Home Premiere 1993
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.