Cooking is my second love—my husband is my first. This tasty side dish doesn't leave us with leftovers. We both enjoy it.—Dorothy Pritchett, Wills Point, Texas
Recommended: 73 Reasons to Get Behind Meatless Monday
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas in butter sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon diced pimientos
- Cook peas according to package directions. Pour into a serving bowl; cover with plastic wrap and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, simmer water and zucchini over medium heat until water is evaporated and zucchini is tender. Stir in peas and pimientos. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Buttery Peas and Zucchini in Taste of Home February/March 1993, p13